The first question is what the heck is digital fire? Haha, we know what you mean. We are not well known (YET) but we are out to change the world with our mission to help e-commerce businesses grow and thrive. The cool part? Our business operates completely virtually and working for us means you get to work from home, starbucks, or wherever you prefer. Business partners Andy and Amy work from Santa Rosa, California and San Antonio, Texas.
We have three growing brands under our company umbrella:
Amazing at Home is our consulting firm and online community for e-commerce startups. We have a small but very loyal world-wide following and we pride ourselves on helping entrepreneurs with business planning, marketing and growth.
Seller SEO is an online suite of software tools for Amazon sellers. SellerSEO helps sellers create and manage their advertising and product sales on Amazon. SellerSEO also has an online Facebook community called Amazon FBA Titans where Amazon sellers can connect and share information.
Seller Round Table is a podcast for e-commerce businesses. Each week we record our podcast in a zoom meeting and all of our followers are invited to join us for live free training where they can ask questions of us or our various special guests. We cover all kinds of awesome information and our ratings are amazing!
First, the bad news. We’re a start-up. We’re not billionaires, YET. So we can’t afford to pay you the super cushy salary an operations manager clearly deserves. Plus, we’re looking for someone to start part time and grow into full time work.
Wait, you’re still here? Ok, let’s move on to the good stuff. Although the pay and hours are small to start, our company is growing faster than we can keep up and we can’t deliver content fast enough to our growing subscribers. Our goal is to reach a $24 Million annual revenue in the next three years and we know we need a great team of people behind us. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, read on.
Perks of Working With Us:
- Our office is virtual so you get to work from wherever your internet connection allows.
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for our co-founders, Andy and Amy helping us to organize and grow the business
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. Two long days a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid morning until mid afternoon? Cool, we can do that too.
- You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
- After a year here, you get to share in our profits. Hellz yeah, you read that right!!! Every ninety days, all our employees who have worked here for more than one year get to share in our company profit. Chaching-ga!!!
- Your work will determine your salary. Although the work starts as freelance and part time, we are looking for someone who wants to earn the position of a well-paid operations manager for an amazing company that they helped to build and we intend to pay them that way.
We’re looking for someone who has the following traits:
- Detail Oriented – you pay attention to details, identify gaps and come up with solutions
- Skilled Communicator – you know how to communicate well and manage people
- Delegator – you can communicate a vision, delegate tasks and follow up
- Organized – First you must pay attention to the details, organize them, delegate and communicate
- Tech Saavy – Did we mention we’re a virtual company? Our name is digital fire. We do everything online and we use cloud based web services to do it. You should be comfortable (or be a fast learner) with video conferencing, online research, google docs and drive, online project management tools, etc.
- Laser Focused & Self Driven – Since you’ll work from home with flexible hours, you’ll need to organize your time and projects well and not be deterred by netflix and naps
- Looking for growth opportunity – are you looking for a chance to prove yourself? To grow something from the ground up? To be part of something? This is the job for you
And the following experience:
- Project Management – You don’t need to be a certified PMP, but you should have some experience managing projects, defining goals and milestones and overseeing tasks to completion
- Process Design – Do you like designing process flows and creating step by step lists? Do you like coming up with a plan and implementing it? PERFECT!
- Training & Education – Since you’ll be responsible for bringing on new team members, giving them tasks, and training them on our processes, experience training others is desired
Skills Desired (but not required):
- Amazon/E-Commerce Seller – We help Amazon sellers grow their businesses. Experience in this area is a HUGE plus
- Digital Marketing – Marketing is how we tell people about our services and grow our customer base! Skills to help us grow faster and hire more great people are a SUPER plus
- Sales – Mark Cuban said if he lost all of his billions tomorrow he’d go get a job in sales and he’d at least be able to make a million back. Sales is also how we make money. We make more money and you make more money. Again, GINORMOUS plus
In short, your job is to help us get organized and grow our team and our company. And to have a fulfilling and flexible job. We love the freedom of working virtually and helping businesses grow, but we do expect professionalism, punctuality and open communication.
But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with quick messages throughout the day or weekly sync meetings.
To learn more about us, stalk any of our above listed brands. If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
This is a part time management job. The pay is $20 an hour and the hours will be 15-20 a week. In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position you’ll fill out the below online form.
Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position. We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to include the link to a quick loom video in the online form. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video in that field instead.
Still here? Ok fill out the below form to apply now!